You, O LORD, remain for ever; your throne from generation to generation.
1. Afflictions send the saints unto their God. O happy sorrows, O blessed troubles that thus bring poor souls nearer to their God. Now, having been thus doctrinated in the school of the Cross, thou mayest experimentally say with the sweet singer of Israel, it is good for me that I have been afflicted, thereby I have learned to know Thy statutes.
2. Troubles no discouragements to God's precious servants.
3. Repentance the work of the great God.
4. Pressures put not God's children besides their prayers.
5. Deliverances are only perfected by the Lord.
Parallel VersesKJV: Thou, O LORD, remainest for ever; thy throne from generation to generation.