Now after the death of Moses the servant of the LORD it came to pass, that the LORD spoke to Joshua the son of Nun, Moses' minister…
I. IT IS A GREAT PROMISE. For it includes everything. God's presence can supply wisdom, can give strength, and will insure success.
II. IT WAS TO A GREAT MAN.
1. He was humble.
2. He was trained had followed the Jews from Egypt.
3. He was good. Not one notorious sin or evil habit is recorded of him as there is of nearly every other noted character in Scripture. He was the only one who withstood the test of the wilderness journey.
III. IT WAS IN REFERENCE TO A GREAT WORK.
1. The conquering the promised land.
2. The organising the people.
3. The vindicating the power and glory of God.
Parallel VersesKJV: Now after the death of Moses the servant of the LORD it came to pass, that the LORD spake unto Joshua the son of Nun, Moses' minister, saying,