Another parable put he forth to them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened to a man which sowed good seed in his field:…
1. Improve all opportunities, all seasons of grace.
2. Observe well and cherish all those convictions of your consciences, and of the Holy Spirit, either in respect of sin or duty, lest ye sin them away.
3. Improve all the dispensations and providences of God, or those various trials, afflictions, and temptations you meet with.
4. Live much in the sense and thoughts of death and of the judgment day (Deuteronomy 32:29).
5. See that you gather day by day, get more strength against sin.
6. Labour to add to your faith virtue. (2 Peter 1:5, 6, 7).
7. The way to ripen for heaven is to strive against all those things that hinder or obstruct your growth, as thorns and briars (Matthew 13:22).
Parallel VersesKJV: Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field: