Another parable put he forth to them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened to a man which sowed good seed in his field:
This may caution all ministers of Christ to take heed and watch, lest evil seed be sown amongst them, the seed of error and heresy.
1. Many may, under fair pretence of exalting Christ, sow pernicious and poisonous seed.
2. By way of council, beware of such men who are lifted up with pride, who to magnify themselves seem to despise others, perhaps more worthy than themselves.
3. Beware of such that effect novelty and strive to promote new notions in matters of religion.
4. Likewise have a watchful eye of such that cry up this and that man, and cry down others.
5. Moreover, watch such who are subject to wander from their own fold and pasturage, and such also that are ready on every small occasion to take offence.
Parallel VersesKJV: Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field: